I thought I would share my recent painted work. In January I finished 45 Normans by Crusader Miniatures (pictured below) as well as 10 Citadel Plaguebearers. I departed my normal style of layered painting for a block-style and wash technique with a very limited color palette. I think they came out pretty good – still a bit muddy but not nearly as much as if I used “the dip”. In February, I finished another 78 Normans, 5 dwarf pirates by Olley’s Armies (plus scenery) and a unit of 11 samurai goblins on wolves by Olley’s Armies (sadly now out of production). By my count, I’ve painted 165 28mm miniatures for the year. This is probably my most prolific period, thanks to the block painting technique. Here are a few snapshots of recent work in my display cases.